Sunday, December 14, 2008

Danny McCaw and Peggy Montano . . .


I want to talk about two things . . . beauty and color. Maybe you are like me. I have a few friends in the hospital at this time . . . and . . . after sitting for hours in various waiting rooms (looking at some beautiful paintings) I was thinking about the kind of paintings that make people feel better. The second painting by Peggy Montano reminds me of a painting you may see. This watercolor painting will certainly make you feel better as you feast your eyes on the various colors and create your own story of mountains and oceans with the abstract patterns. The first painting by Dan McCaw shows how exquisite beauty can be painted with just a few colors. Two styles of painting - both - of beauty - of color . . . hope you feel better my friends.
PS I am working on a beautiful painting with wonderful colors even as we speak. If I don't blow it you will see that I have combined both elements mentioned in this post today - beauty and color. If I say the painting is nice - you know it must be nice. When have you heard me actually complement anything that I myself have done? I rest my case. Nothing to report on the food front today. Ate old leftovers. Feel nauseous. Need oreo cookies!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The paintings are gorgeous!

I Want To Be An Artist said...

Thank you for your comment!

Peggy Montano & Paintings said...

Myra, I am so pleased and appreciative that you posted my painting and that you wrote those comments about it. It is my hope for my friend that she can find some comfort as she goes through the coming four months.
Peggy