Friday, December 5, 2008

myra the week in review . . .

Painting by Eugene Wang
Interviewer: Well Myra, after a couple of weeks of trying to be an artist how is everything coming along?
Myra: Well, I used to wonder how Spencer could be on the computer all day while Heidi was at work. Hello? 'The Hills'? Well anyway, now I know that evidently Spencer was blogging.
Interviewer: Huh, did you learn anything significant?
Myra: Yes. I was reminded that good news can make you happy. After some sad news I was naturally feeling a little blue and then . . . Marie Fox and Mary Sheehan Winn were the first ones to leave encouraging messages on my blog. Later that day . . . when I looked at a painting that was troubling me I finally got it! The background should not be green I must change it to blue! (see below 'At the Monet Cafe ')
Interviewer: I'm totally fascinated. Anything else?
Myra: For the first time, someone listed me on their blog. Eugene Wang. It's an honor and a privilege.
Interviewer: Any goals for the coming week?
Myra: Yes. I am not what you would call a natural born artist. I taught myself how to draw and paint. So at the end of the day . . . after I have done good to others, and my little hamster is walked and fed, and he's kissed his Papa goodnight and is tucked in his little hamster bed . . . I am going to continue to challenge myself to become a better artist.

1 comment: