Thursday, December 11, 2008

Artists' tips . . .


Mary Sheehan Winn
As I mentioned before, I am having trouble with my computer so I am not able to scan or upload my own pictures without great difficulty at this time. Tip #1 I thought I would share with you the fact that I did a charcoal drawing on cardboard - without taking the charcoal off of the surface of the cardboard for perhaps 90 to 95 percent of the drawing. I must say that this was a fun way to draw. I didn't worry about being so technical. The result was that the drawing was actually in that more relaxed style that I am looking for! I hope that this was not a 'one hit wonder'. I'll show you that drawing tomorrow. Tip #2 I really appreciated the idea that Mary Sheehan Winn had on her blog. The way she describes the scene in this post makes you feel as if you were there. Her fabulous tip gave me ideas of how to use various items I have around the house. I have a fabulous idea! Thank you artists! I will keep you posted . . .

1 comment:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Hey thanks for the compliment. I like to simplify if I can.